Poll: Next big "green" powertrain
What will be the next big "green" powertrain in the U.S.?
Electric Citroen C1 Launched in UK
UKâ€™s Electric Car Corporation Plc (ECC) has launched of the UK's first 4 seater electric car with a range of up to 70 miles when fully charged.Called the Citroen C1 ev'ie, this electric car has a range of 60-70 miles when fully charged and a top speed of around 60mph.
The C1 ev'ie can be fully charged in 6-7 hours from a domestic 13 amp socket at a cost of around 90p, making it an ideal city car for either professional or domestic use.
The Electric Car Corporation aims to assemble 500 C1 ev'ies this year and hopes to make between 2,000 and 4,000 in 2010.
The Citroen C1 ev'ie is priced at £16,850 and is available directly from ECC.
UK government recently unveiled plans to boost the electric car industry, with subsidies of up to £5,000 on electric or plug-in hybrid vehicles.
Subscribe to the RSS feed for more information on green cars, green car news & green car technologies.
- Geneva 2008: New Diesel Engines for Ford Mondeo, Ford S-MAX and Ford Galaxy
- MIT Scientists Find New Way to Generate Electricity
- Coskata Opens Semi-Commercial Feedstock Flexible Ethanol Facility
- High Performance, 92 Mpg High Mileage 3 Wheel Sport Car
- SolarCity, Rabobank to Build Fast-Charge Electric Car Charging Corridor