Poll: Next big "green" powertrain
What will be the next big "green" powertrain in the U.S.?
Honda CR-Z Hybrid Sports Car set for Tokyo Debut
Honda has revealed its CR-Z Hybrid Sports Car scheduled to debut at next month's Tokyo Motor Show.First unveiled at the 2007 Tokyo Motor Show as the two-passenger CR-Z hybrid concept, Honda calls this latest version of the CR-Z a "95 percent" representation of what the production model will look when it is unveiled at the Detroit Auto Show next January.
The 2010 Honda CR-Z will be powered by a 1.5-liter i-VTEC engine from the Japanese-market Honda Jazz combined with Honda's IMA hybrid powertrain.
That unit gives between 110bhp and 120bhp, so expect a power output of close to 140bhp once the electric motor has its say.
The Honda CR-Z is slated to go on sale in Japan in February 2010,
Subscribe to the RSS feed for more information on green cars, green car news & green car technologies.
- Geneva 2008: New Diesel Engines for Ford Mondeo, Ford S-MAX and Ford Galaxy
- MIT Scientists Find New Way to Generate Electricity
- SolarCity, Rabobank to Build Fast-Charge Electric Car Charging Corridor
- High Performance, 92 Mpg High Mileage 3 Wheel Sport Car
- 2007 Frankfurt Preview: Peugeot 308RC Z Concept Car