Poll: Next big "green" powertrain
What will be the next big "green" powertrain in the U.S.?
Volkswagen Touareg Hybrid Debuts at New York Auto Show
Volkswagen of America unveiled the second generation Touareg, showcasing the brand's first-ever hybrid at the 2010 New York Auto Show.Taking the Touareg to the forefront of its class are three available engines to suit a variety of different drivers: A V6 FSI® gasoline engine, a V6 TDI® Clean Diesel engine, and a V6 TSI® gasoline hybrid engine.
With the hybrid model, a 3.0-liter supercharged, direct injection V6 gasoline engine is paired with a special electric motor that reduces fuel consumption and CO2 emissions by about 40 percent.
An eight-speed automatic transmission - the first of its kind in an SUV - keeps power always available while helping the Touareg Hybrid achieve approximately 25 and 21 mpg during highway and city driving respectively.
Check out the rest of our New York Auto Show coverage.
Subscribe to the RSS feed or Follow Us on Twitter for more information on green cars, green car news & green car technologies.
Recharge your electric car wherever you want. Certified by all brands!
- Geneva 2008: New Diesel Engines for Ford Mondeo, Ford S-MAX and Ford Galaxy
- MIT Scientists Find New Way to Generate Electricity
- Coskata Opens Semi-Commercial Feedstock Flexible Ethanol Facility
- High Performance, 92 Mpg High Mileage 3 Wheel Sport Car
- SolarCity, Rabobank to Build Fast-Charge Electric Car Charging Corridor