Poll: Next big "green" powertrain
What will be the next big "green" powertrain in the U.S.?
Frankfurt 2009: Peugeot BB1 Electric Concept
Peugeot has unveiled the BB1 electric concept car at the 2009 Frankfurt motor show.BB1 concept manages to cram four passengers into a car that’s 2.5-metres long – even shorter than the tardis-like Toyota iQ – through a smart configuration that allows rear passengers to wrap their legs around the front occupants.
BB1 is powered Power by two rear-mounted in-wheel electric motors co-developed with Michelin with a total output of 15Kw (20bhp). Michelin has been working on this technology for several years.
Its top speed is currently 56 mph and range is 75 miles (120km) from its under-seat lithium-ion batteries.
Check out the rest of our Frankfurt Motor Show coverage.
Subscribe to the RSS feed for more information on green cars, green car news & green car technologies.
- Geneva 2008: New Diesel Engines for Ford Mondeo, Ford S-MAX and Ford Galaxy
- MIT Scientists Find New Way to Generate Electricity
- SolarCity, Rabobank to Build Fast-Charge Electric Car Charging Corridor
- High Performance, 92 Mpg High Mileage 3 Wheel Sport Car
- 2007 Frankfurt Preview: Peugeot 308RC Z Concept Car