Poll: Next big "green" powertrain
What will be the next big "green" powertrain in the U.S.?
Detroit 2009: 2010 Lincoln MKT Luxury Crossover
All-new 2010 Lincoln MKT enters the luxury crossover segment with Lincolnâ€™s signature design, inviting three-row tourer that delivers the optimal blend of fuel economy, performance, technology and spaciousness.The all-new 2010 Lincoln MKT is larger than the two-row Lincoln MKX mid-size premium crossover and joins the sumptuous and sporty Lincoln MKS luxury sedan launched in 2008 and the new Lincoln MKZ sedan that hits the market in spring.
Lincoln hopes that the MKT, with its three rows of seats and long list of luxury options, will be able to compete against segment leaders such as the Acura MDX, Audi Q7, Cadillac SRX and Mercedes-Benz R-Class.
Standard on every Lincoln MKT is the brand’s signature design – complete with a split waterfall grille, a beveled chamfer along the vehicle’s shoulder line, a flowing cantrail that frames the greenhouse and full-width horizontal taillamps that span the subtly curved weight-saving magnesium liftgate that adds visual character while protecting generous rear cargo space.
Inside, high-quality materials and precision-stitched craftsmanship are evident on every surface – from the leather-trimmed seating surfaces and floating armrests to the optional flow-through second- row center console and jewel-like acrylic instrument cluster with LED white lighting.
Beyond that, customers can choose how to best specify Lincoln MKT, which offers:
- Customers’ choice of a standard fixed glass Panoramic Vista Roof™ with power-assisted front and rear sunshades – or the available Power Panoramic VistaTM roof
- Either six- or seven-passenger variations with two different second-row seating configurations. A standard 60/ 40 split folding rear bench seat features heated outboard seating positions. Power “fold and tumble” bucket seats, with heating, cooling and power-assisted lumbar adjustment are also available. A rear console-mounted five-quart-capacity refrigerator is available in the individual bucket seating configuration
- Second-row footrests and an available dual headrest Family Entertainment System with twin 7-inch DVD playback screens offering individual or simultaneous programming
- A litany of exterior paint colors, including Ingot Silver Clearcoat Metallic, Tuxedo Black Clearcoat Metallic, Red Candy Tint Clearcoat Metallic, Cinnamon Clearcoat Metallic, Steel Blue Clearcoat Metallic, Gold Leaf Clearcoat Metallic, Sterling Grey Clearcoat Metallic and White Platinum Tri-Coat
Fuel-efficiency also comes standard on the Lincoln MKT – and customers have a choice of two powerful yet practical V-6 engines.
A 3.7-liter, 24-valve variation of the award-winning Duratec engine family is standard. Delivering an expected 268 horsepower at 6,500 RPM and 267 ft.-lb. of torque at 4,250 RPM, this engine has been tuned to provide brisk acceleration and smooth power delivery.
Significant engineering and development time were invested in the 3.7-liter Duratec V-6 to deliver best-in-class noise, vibration and harshness (NVH) control. Lincoln MKT was benchmarked for interior quietness to allow normal conversation within the vehicle, using an articulation index.
For even more performance driving feel, Lincoln MKT also offers a 3.5-liter twin-turbocharged EcoBoost V-6. This engine provides the power of a normally-aspirated V-8 with V-6 fuel economy. This advanced engine delivers a class-leading estimated 355 horsepower at 5,700 RPM, while generating 350 ft.-lb. of torque at 3,500 RPM.
EcoBoost is a global Ford strategy to deliver the power that customers want, combined with the fuel economy that they need. Combining gasoline direct injection with twin turbochargers and a smaller-displacement engine, EcoBoost can match the power output of larger, naturally aspirated engines while yielding torque and fuel economy gains.
Check out the rest of our 2009 Detroit Auto Show coverage.
- Geneva 2008: New Diesel Engines for Ford Mondeo, Ford S-MAX and Ford Galaxy
- MIT Scientists Find New Way to Generate Electricity
- High Performance, 92 Mpg High Mileage 3 Wheel Sport Car
- SolarCity, Rabobank to Build Fast-Charge Electric Car Charging Corridor
- Coskata Opens Semi-Commercial Feedstock Flexible Ethanol Facility