Royal Imtech to Install Prius PHV Chargers in Netherlands
Royal Imtech N.V. is to install a network of intelligent charging points at the home addresses of owners of the new Toyota Prius Plug-in Hybrid and at all Toyota dealers in the Netherlands.
Between 1,300 and 2,500 charging points are expected to be installed at the homes of owners in 2012, and 117 double charging points at Toyota dealers.
The network is part of Toyota’s charging service, which is included in the sale price of a new hybrid car, and is the first large-scale network for electric vehicles in the Netherlands.
The roll-out has been commissioned by The New Motion, developer and supplier of charging products for electric cars, and partner of Toyota importer Louwman & Parqui in the roll-out of charging infrastructure in the Netherlands.
Imtech’s technical specialists will be placing the charging points on drivers’ property or, after obtaining permission from the municipality concerned and/or the owner, on public property.
The charger minutely registers when and for how long the car battery is being charged, which makes it very easy for the driver to keep track of these details, so they can, for example, submit them to an employer or the tax authorities.
- Geneva 2008: New Diesel Engines for Ford Mondeo, Ford S-MAX and Ford Galaxy
- MIT Scientists Find New Way to Generate Electricity
- SolarCity, Rabobank to Build Fast-Charge Electric Car Charging Corridor
- High Performance, 92 Mpg High Mileage 3 Wheel Sport Car
- 2007 Frankfurt Preview: Peugeot 308RC Z Concept Car