Audi A1 e-tron for the German Olympic Squad
As partner of the German Olympic Sports Confederation (DOSB) and the National Paralympic Committee Germany (DBS) Audi presented the Olympic squad with an Audi A1 e-tron in the German colors.
The A1 e-tron is used as an exhibition car and reinforces the shuttle service between the German House and the MS Deutschland cruise ship, which Audi equips with a total of 60 vehicles.
The A1 e-tron reaches a maximum speed of 130 km/h (80.78 mph) thanks to its power of 75 kW (102 hp).
Audi A1 e-tron is an electric car with a range extender. If the battery power is exhausted a compact combustion engine, the range extender, recharges the battery as required and in doing so increases the range to up to 250 kilometers (155.34 miles).
The Ingolstadt based automobile manufacturer recently extended its partnership with the DOSB and DBS to the end of 2016.
- Geneva 2008: New Diesel Engines for Ford Mondeo, Ford S-MAX and Ford Galaxy
- MIT Scientists Find New Way to Generate Electricity
- SolarCity, Rabobank to Build Fast-Charge Electric Car Charging Corridor
- High Performance, 92 Mpg High Mileage 3 Wheel Sport Car
- 2007 Frankfurt Preview: Peugeot 308RC Z Concept Car