Saab Team Up with AAM on Electric Vehicles
Saab Automobile and American Axle & Manufacturing Holdings Inc. have agreed to set up a venture to make electric all-wheel drive systems and electric and hybrid drivelines.
The new company, called e-AAM Driveline Systems, will be based in Trollhattan and will commence operations on October 1.
e-AAM will develop and market an innovative electric all-wheel drive system in a full service package. This electric all-wheel drive system can be easily integrated into existing platforms, minimizing vehicle architecture changes.
Saab will become a client of e-AAM Driveline Systems, purchasing components to be used in next-generation Saab vehicles from 2012. The e-AAM Driveline Systems, will also sell products to other carmakers, Saab said.
Saab will unveil its first electric vehicle, the Saab 9-3 ePower, at the 2010 Paris Motor Show next week.
- Geneva 2008: New Diesel Engines for Ford Mondeo, Ford S-MAX and Ford Galaxy
- MIT Scientists Find New Way to Generate Electricity
- SolarCity, Rabobank to Build Fast-Charge Electric Car Charging Corridor
- High Performance, 92 Mpg High Mileage 3 Wheel Sport Car
- 2007 Frankfurt Preview: Peugeot 308RC Z Concept Car