Poll: Next big "green" powertrain
What will be the next big "green" powertrain in the U.S.?
Mitsubishi Rises i-MiEV Output
Mitsubishi Motors will increase production of its i-MiEV electric car by 20 percent from an original plan for fiscal 2010 to 8,500 vehicles.The automaker, which began selling the i-MiEV to corporate and government customers in July, will also move full-scale production of the i-MiEV a year ahead to fiscal 2012, with over 30,000 units to be built every year.
Mitsubishi plans to start sales to individuals from April 2010 tapping into an additional set of customers. In preparation, it started to take pre-orders through dealerships since 31st July 2009, and since than it has sold 1,650 units to corporate customers.
This year, Mitsubishi will start selling the i-MiEV in Europe through Peugeot Citroen PSA, and will also start exporting i-MiEV electric cars to the U.S. in fiscal 2011, leading to a further increase in production.
[source: Mainichi News]
Subscribe to the RSS feed for more information on green cars, green car news & green car technologies.
- Geneva 2008: New Diesel Engines for Ford Mondeo, Ford S-MAX and Ford Galaxy
- MIT Scientists Find New Way to Generate Electricity
- SolarCity, Rabobank to Build Fast-Charge Electric Car Charging Corridor
- High Performance, 92 Mpg High Mileage 3 Wheel Sport Car
- 2007 Frankfurt Preview: Peugeot 308RC Z Concept Car