Mitsubishi to Test i-MiEV Electric Vehicles in Thailand
Mitsubishi Motors has agreed with the Thai government to start joint study for fleet testing of electric vehicles as part of efforts to introduce its i-MiEV electric vehicle in the country.
Mitsubishi, through its local producer and distributor Mitsubishi Motors Thailand, will begin initiatives for future market introduction of the i-MiEV electric vehicle.
Meanwhile, the Thai government will move forward with its Electric Vehicle Project, creating an integrated organization with related ministries and government agencies under the direction of the Ministry of Industry (MOI).
The Thai MOI has already been aiming towards advancement of EVs as part of its policies to expand the Thailand automobile industry, however through the start of this EV joint project with Mitsubishi, the MOI moves forward with specific testing for the popularization of EVs, through use of the i-MiEV.
Mitsubishi Motors sells the i-MiEV in Japan, Hong Kong, Australia and European markets. It is also collaborating on initiatives to promote EVs with various governments such as Denmark, Singapore, the Principality of Monaco and Iceland, among others.
- Geneva 2008: New Diesel Engines for Ford Mondeo, Ford S-MAX and Ford Galaxy
- MIT Scientists Find New Way to Generate Electricity
- Coskata Opens Semi-Commercial Feedstock Flexible Ethanol Facility
- High Performance, 92 Mpg High Mileage 3 Wheel Sport Car
- SolarCity, Rabobank to Build Fast-Charge Electric Car Charging Corridor