Brammo Enertia Plus Goes 80 Miles on a Single Charge
Oregon-based electric motorcycle manufacturer Brammo has introduced its new Enertia Plus today -- an electric motorcycle capable of traveling 80 miles per single charge.
The 2011 Brammo Enertia Plus is available for pre-order now for $8,995. The company is offering some interesting incentives, including a $2500 loyalty rebate for buyers of the original Enertia model. The Enertia Plus will be eligible for all applicable Federal and State EV tax incentives.
The 2011 Brammo Enertia Plus features a 6 kilowatt-hour battery pack, twice the capacity of the original. The most impressive thing about it is that Brammo accomplished this without increasing the bike's weight. Weight is around 324 pounds, with a cargo capacity of 276 pounds.
The claimed range for the Enertia Plus is 80 miles versus the 42 miles claimed for the Enertia.
Top speed of the Brammo Enertia Plus is around 60mph and should take about 6 hours to fully power up at any electric vehicle charging station with Level 1 capabilities.
While the cost of the Enertia Plus is $1,000 above the standard Enertia, the promise of twice the range is well worth the extra cash.
- Geneva 2008: New Diesel Engines for Ford Mondeo, Ford S-MAX and Ford Galaxy
- MIT Scientists Find New Way to Generate Electricity
- SolarCity, Rabobank to Build Fast-Charge Electric Car Charging Corridor
- High Performance, 92 Mpg High Mileage 3 Wheel Sport Car
- 2007 Frankfurt Preview: Peugeot 308RC Z Concept Car