2013 Nissan Altima Heads to Showrooms
The all-new 2013 Nissan Altima, the first of five all-new models Nissan will introduce in the next 15 months, is on the way to dealers as of yesterday, the same day Nissan began production at its second U.S. assembly plant in Canton, Miss.
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has also just certified the 2013 Nissan Altima as the most fuel-efficient gasoline mid-size car in America, with ratings of 27 mpg city, 38 mpg highway and 31 mpg combined.
The 2013 Nissan Altima, equipped with a 2.5-liter four cylinder engine and new Xtronic Continuously Variable Transmission and with a standard 18-gallon fuel tank, is capable of going up to 684 miles on a single tank of fuel - one of the best of any gasoline-only automobiles in America.
"This is a huge day for the Nissan brand as we ramp up production and begin shipping the new, fuel-efficient Altimas to our dealers," said Bill Krueger, vice chairman, Nissan Americas. "The new Altima is a game-changer for the mid-size market and our dealers can't wait to share it with our customers."
The release of the all-new 2013 Altima comes in advance of the vehicle's official on-sale date of late June, allowing Nissan dealers the opportunity to conduct test drives with potential customers. Nissan has experienced unprecedented interest in the new model with 1.5 million individuals visiting a pre-order website created to deliver information about the new car and gauge interest in early orders. More than 30,000 customers have expressed an interest in the car through the pre-order website, which also offers those placing an order a complimentary three-year scheduled maintenance program valued at $700.
In addition, 2013 Altima offers numerous segment exclusive attributes and Nissan signature innovations, including:
• Ride comfort, control and fun-to-drive demeanor, including better 0 - 60 mph acceleration than other top-selling mid-size sedans as demonstrated in independent third party testing
• Available Next-generation Safety Shield Technologies, including Blind Spot Warning (BSW), Lane Departure Warning (LDW) and Moving Object Detection (MOD) systems using an innovative single rear camera
• Easy-Fill Tire Alert, which sounds the car horn to notify a person filling a tire with air when the tire reaches recommended tire pressure - no gauge needed
• Headlights that automatically switch on when the windshield wipers are in use
• Windshield wipers that park themselves off the windshield when the vehicle is turned off with the wipers on and in mid-cycle
• Premium exterior styling with a powerful presence and improved aerodynamics
• Upscale interior rivaling premium luxury sedans, including NASA-inspired "zero-gravity" seats, an Advanced Drive-Assist™ Display and BOSE® Premium Audio System
• Standard Bluetooth® Hands-Free Phone system and Streaming Audio via Bluetooth®
• Available NissanConnectSM and NissanConnectSM Navigation with a suite of Bluetooth® phone connectivity features, including hands-free text message integration, Pandora® playback, real-time Google® POI search and more
• Advanced Drive-Assist™ Display with 4-inch color screen standard on every model, which is customizable, easy-to-use and integrates key information right in front of the driver
• World-first multi-link rear suspension with connect bushings and Sachs damper to deliver outstanding handling
• Active Understeer Control, which uses advanced electronic stability control algorithms to improve cornering and provide a more confident driving experience
The 2013 Nissan Altima is offered in seven well-equipped models to meet a range of customer needs and budgets: Altima 2.5, 2.5 S, 2.5 SV, 2.5 SL, 3.5 S, 3.5 SV and 3.5 SL.
- Altima Sedan 2.5 CVT: $21,500
- Altima Sedan 2.5 S CVT: $22,500
- Altima Sedan 2.5 SV CVT: $24,100
- Altima Sedan 2.5 SL CVT: $28,050
- Altima Sedan 3.5 S CVT: $25,360
- Altima Sedan 3.5 SV CVT: $27,780
- Altima Sedan 3.5 SL CVT: $30,080
- Convenience Package (2.5 SV trim only): $1,350
- Navigation Package (SV trims only): $590
- Technology Package (SL trims only): $1,090
- Remote start (S trim only): $325
- Rear spoiler (SV and SL trims only): $395
- Destination: $780
- Geneva 2008: New Diesel Engines for Ford Mondeo, Ford S-MAX and Ford Galaxy
- MIT Scientists Find New Way to Generate Electricity
- SolarCity, Rabobank to Build Fast-Charge Electric Car Charging Corridor
- High Performance, 92 Mpg High Mileage 3 Wheel Sport Car
- 2007 Frankfurt Preview: Peugeot 308RC Z Concept Car