AT&T Receives Chevrolet Express Cargo CNG Vans
AT&T is putting 101 Chevrolet Express Cargo vans powered by low-emissions compressed natural gas into its customer service fleet.
Each Chevrolet Express CNG van is covered by GM's three-year, 36,000 mile new vehicle limited warranty and five-year, 100,000 mile limited powertrain warranty, and meets all Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and California Air Resources Board (CARB) emission certification requirements.
The vans come equipped with GM’s hardened Vortec 6.0L engine and with this CNG offering they get gasoline-equivalent fuel economy of 11 mpg city and 16 mpg highway. Fuel tank capacity ranges from 15.8 to 23 gasoline-equivalent gallons.
AT&T committed two years ago to spend $565 million as part of a long-term strategy to deploy more than 15,000 green cars over the next 10 years.
AT&T is spending an estimated $350 million on 8,000 compressed natural gas vehicles and approximately $215 million to begin replacing its passenger cars with alternative-fuel models.
- Geneva 2008: New Diesel Engines for Ford Mondeo, Ford S-MAX and Ford Galaxy
- MIT Scientists Find New Way to Generate Electricity
- High Performance, 92 Mpg High Mileage 3 Wheel Sport Car
- SolarCity, Rabobank to Build Fast-Charge Electric Car Charging Corridor
- Coskata Opens Semi-Commercial Feedstock Flexible Ethanol Facility