Poll: Next big "green" powertrain
What will be the next big "green" powertrain in the U.S.?
Toyota Expects 25,000 U.S. Sales of New Lexus HS250h
Toyota expects to sell about 25,000 of its new Lexus HS250h dedicated hybrid car in the United States in the first 12 months of its sale.The Lexus HS250 hybrid, which is slated to go on sale in the U.S. later this summer, is the Toyota's first hybrid-only model for its luxury brand and adds to its green car lineup led by the top-selling Prius hybrid of the mass-market Toyota brand.
"More than 60 percent of entry luxury sedan buyers said they would consider hybrids, and this is a segment nobody's in right now," said Mark Templin, group vice president of the Lexus Division for Toyota North America.
The HS 250h will be Lexus' fourth hybrid and is expected to offer the best combined fuel mileage of any luxury vehicle in the U.S.
Toyota has commanded nearly 75 percent of all hybrid vehicle sales in the U.S. market over the past decade.
The company has sold more than 1 million Toyota and Lexus hybrid vehicles in the country to date, representing more than half of its global hybrid sales.
- Geneva 2008: New Diesel Engines for Ford Mondeo, Ford S-MAX and Ford Galaxy
- MIT Scientists Find New Way to Generate Electricity
- Coskata Opens Semi-Commercial Feedstock Flexible Ethanol Facility
- High Performance, 92 Mpg High Mileage 3 Wheel Sport Car
- SolarCity, Rabobank to Build Fast-Charge Electric Car Charging Corridor