Honda to Build Fit Hybrid in Thailand
Honda plans to begin building the hybrid version of its Fit subcompact in Thailand.
With the Fit hybrid being Honda’s best selling hybrid model, with 86,000 cars sold last year all around the world, Honda is hoping to limit the negative effect of the strengthening yen.
The Fit hybrid has so far been built exclusively in Japan.
According to a report in Japanese business daily The Nikkei, knock-down production will take place at Ayutthaya Province with key components to be shipped across from Japan.
It will also be released locally as the Honda Jazz Hybrid as early as this summer.
- Geneva 2008: New Diesel Engines for Ford Mondeo, Ford S-MAX and Ford Galaxy
- MIT Scientists Find New Way to Generate Electricity
- SolarCity, Rabobank to Build Fast-Charge Electric Car Charging Corridor
- High Performance, 92 Mpg High Mileage 3 Wheel Sport Car
- 2007 Frankfurt Preview: Peugeot 308RC Z Concept Car