Poll: Next big "green" powertrain
What will be the next big "green" powertrain in the U.S.?
Peugeot Eco Cup Drivers Get Astonishing Fuel Economy Results
Peugeot has announced results of its ECO CUP hyper-miling challenge.Coinciding with the 2010 Geneva Motor Show, the Peugeot ECO CUP was designed to see if four different standard Peugeot HDi diesel models in the hands of everyday drivers could deliver fuel economy to match or beat the official fuel economy figures.
The result? They were not so much matched as shattered. The best return was a fraction shy of 90mpg and, what is more, this wasn’t in a tiny city car, hybrid or specially adapted vehicle.
It was in a standard production Peugeot 5-door 308 HDi 110 model, driven over 1000kms of French and Swiss roads in heavy wintery conditions. Even Peugeot’s new 7-seat 5008 MPV returned economy figures of nearly 85mpg.
Average fuel consumption achieved by the winning drivers:
- Peugeot 308 HDi FAP 110 – 89.95 mpg (75 mpg U.S.)
- Peugeot 207 HDi 90 – 87.10 mpg (72.5 mpg U.S.)
- Peugeot 5008 HDi FAP 110 – 84.77 mpg (70.58 mpg U.S.)
- Peugeot 3008 HDi FAP 110 – 79.10 mpg (65.86 mpg U.S.)
Subscribe to the RSS feed or Follow Us on Twitter for more information on green cars, green car news & green car technologies.
- Geneva 2008: New Diesel Engines for Ford Mondeo, Ford S-MAX and Ford Galaxy
- MIT Scientists Find New Way to Generate Electricity
- SolarCity, Rabobank to Build Fast-Charge Electric Car Charging Corridor
- High Performance, 92 Mpg High Mileage 3 Wheel Sport Car
- 2007 Frankfurt Preview: Peugeot 308RC Z Concept Car