Poll: Next big "green" powertrain
What will be the next big "green" powertrain in the U.S.?
PSA Partners with Mitsubishi on Electric Cars
PSA Peugeot Citroen has reached an agreement with Mitsubishi Motors to launch an i-MiEV based electric car in Europe by the end of next year.Osamu Masuko, CEO of Mitsubishi Motors Corporation (MMC), and Philippe Varin, CEO of PSA Peugeot Citroen, signed today in Paris a cooperative agreement that signifies a new step in their partnership on electric vehicles.
The car will be built in Japan and the carmakers target eventual annual global sales of 50,000 vehicles
The main points of this cooperative agreement are:
- The development of an EV for the European market based on Mitsubishi's i-MiEV model
- The vehicle is to be sold in Europe, with both Peugeot and Citroen versions
- Production is planned to commence in October 2010 for commercial launch in the European market by the end of 2010.
Mitsubishi first launched the new-generation electric i-MiEV in Japan in June, and will begin global sales of the right-hand drive vehicle this year. The company has plans to expand rollout of the i-MiEV in left-hand drive markets in fiscal year 2010.
For PSA Peugeot Citroen this new EV will further enrich its range of low-emission vehicles; along with its hybrid diesel technology to be launched in 2011 on the Peugeot 3008 HYbrid4 and Citroen DS5 HYbrid4, and a Plug-In HYbrid4 diesel in 2012, PSA Peugeot Citroen confirms its aim to be a step ahead in pioneering vehicles with low CO2 emissions.
Subscribe to the RSS feed for more information on green cars, green car news & green car technologies.
- Geneva 2008: New Diesel Engines for Ford Mondeo, Ford S-MAX and Ford Galaxy
- MIT Scientists Find New Way to Generate Electricity
- SolarCity, Rabobank to Build Fast-Charge Electric Car Charging Corridor
- High Performance, 92 Mpg High Mileage 3 Wheel Sport Car
- 2007 Frankfurt Preview: Peugeot 308RC Z Concept Car