Nissan Opens LEAF Reservations to General Public
Nissan North America is opening reservations for the Nissan LEAF all-electric vehicle on May 15 to the general public.
The reservation process is a first step in securing a place on the list to purchase or lease a Nissan LEAF.
Nissan offered priority reservations beginning April 20 to select customers who had registered for ongoing communications on the Nissan LEAF via NissanUSA.com. More than 9,500 consumers placed a reservation during this priority window.
The Nissan LEAF begins rolling out to select markets in December, with increased availability beginning in spring 2011, and full market rollout in 2012. Consumers who have made reservations will be sequenced in order for their particular market.
- Through the Nissan LEAF website via NissanUSA.com, the customer will create an account, configure his or her vehicle, and answer questions to complete a driving profile.
- Consumers will be asked to pay a fully refundable $99 reservation fee by credit card.
- After placing a reservation, a customer will be able to indicate a preferred dealer.
- Consumers who reserve a Nissan LEAF will receive confirmation numbers. Nissan will provide individual updates for their reservations by June 30.
- Reservations are limited to one per household.
The LEAF price is set at $32,780 and you’ll be eligible for a $7,500 federal tax credit. There are also leasing options available on a 36-month term which will set you back $349/month with an initial payment of $1,999.
State incentives could cut the cost further. In California, the top U.S. alternative car market, credits could reduce the Leaf price to $20,280.
Subscribe to the RSS feed or Follow Us on Twitter for more information on green vehicles, green car news & green car technologies.
- Geneva 2008: New Diesel Engines for Ford Mondeo, Ford S-MAX and Ford Galaxy
- MIT Scientists Find New Way to Generate Electricity
- SolarCity, Rabobank to Build Fast-Charge Electric Car Charging Corridor
- High Performance, 92 Mpg High Mileage 3 Wheel Sport Car
- Coskata Opens Semi-Commercial Feedstock Flexible Ethanol Facility