Fisker Raises the Karma Plug-In Hybrid Price
Fisker Automotive confirmed that it will increase the price of the 2012 Karma Plug-in Hybrid by 6 percent on Thursday, Dec 15.
The company is raising the price of the base Eco Standard model from $95,900 originally to $102,000. The top-of-the-line EcoChic trim level will sell for $116,000.
The increase will not impact those who have already put down a $5,000 deposit on a Fisker Karma. Deposit holders have until January 15 to finalize their order at the slightly lower price.
When the Karma Plug-in Hybrid was announced in 2008, its projected price was $80,000. Then came numerous delays, and a price hike to $87,900. By the time the Karma reached production this year, the base sticker had climbed to $95,900, including shipping.
[Source: Fox News]
- Geneva 2008: New Diesel Engines for Ford Mondeo, Ford S-MAX and Ford Galaxy
- MIT Scientists Find New Way to Generate Electricity
- SolarCity, Rabobank to Build Fast-Charge Electric Car Charging Corridor
- High Performance, 92 Mpg High Mileage 3 Wheel Sport Car
- 2007 Frankfurt Preview: Peugeot 308RC Z Concept Car